Informasi Kuliah Indonesia biaya-kuliah.net menyampai informasi tentang [beasiswa] [info] East-West Center is accepting applications for the Fall 2010 Jefferson Fellowships for Journalists sebagai berikut:
From: SukendarDI@state.gov [mailto:SukendarDI@state.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 05:30
Subject: East-West Center is accepting applications for the Fall 2010 Jefferson Fellowships for Journalists
The Jefferson Fellowships program was launched in 1967 to enhance public understanding through the news media of cultures, issues and trends in the Asia Pacific region, broadly defined as Asia, the Pacific Islands and the United States. The Fellowships provide U.S. and Asia Pacific journalists with an opportunity to broaden their understanding of Asia Pacific issues and build a professional network through one week of dialogue with professional colleagues and experts at the East-West Center, followed by a two-week study tour to cities in Asia or the U.S. .
Fall 2010 Jefferson Fellowships
Theme: The Road to Energy Security: Paved with Efficiencies, Renewable Technologies and Investment
Energy security is one of the most pressing challenges of our time, especially in light of its inextricable link to economic well-being and the environment. However, the uneven distribution of energy supplies among countries has led to significant vulnerabilities. Threats to energy security include the political instability of several energy producing countries, the manipulation of energy supplies, the competition over energy sources, attacks on supply infrastructure, as well as accidents and natural disasters. For these reasons, governments in nearly all the large consuming nations are now considering various domestic and foreign policy measures to increase energy efficiencies develop renewable technologies to scale and create a positive investment climate for industry.
Against this backdrop, the Fall 2010 Jefferson Fellowships program will look specifically at two of the largest users of energy, the U.S. and China, and their efforts in addressing energy security. The program will take special care to look at the challenges and opportunities involved in improving energy efficiency and in developing renewable technologies. In addition, the Fall 2010 program will examine the two countries’ efforts to facilitate joint research and development. Finally, the program will examine how each country seeks to promote public and private investment in the supplies of today’s fossil fuel sources as well as the clean technologies that will transform the energy system for the future.
Program Dates: October 23 – November 13, 2010
Study Tour Destinations: Palo Alto, CA; Sacramento, CA; Beijing, China; Shenyang, China
Who Can Apply: Working print, broadcast and online journalists in the United States, the Pacific Islands and Asia with a minimum of five years of professional experience. Applicants must have the ability to communicate in English in a professional, multi-cultural environment.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Funding: The Jefferson Fellowships are supported by a grant from The Freeman Foundation. The grant funds economy class, roundtrip airfare to and from Honolulu, Hawaii as well as all program-related air transportation, lodging, ground transportation and meals for participating journalists. A modest per diem is also provided. Participants are responsible for all applicable visa fees and any additional visa-related expenses.
News organizations are also asked to assist their employees participate by cost-sharing whenever possible. An “Employer’s Statement of Support” is a required part of the application. While financial assistance from the employer is not required, employers are encouraged to provide support to their Jefferson Fellows as a demonstration of their commitment to the program.
Application deadline is Wednesday, June 16, 2010. Incomplete or late applicants will not be considered.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit the two-page Jefferson Fellowships application form and ALL of the following:
· A cover letter outlining your issues of interest, a brief description of your news organization, and what you expect to accomplish if an award is granted. Please suggest topics you propose to address in your paper and presentation at the East-West Center. (3 page maximum)
· A letter of recommendation on official letterhead from your supervisor describing your suitability for the Fellowship and the benefit the organization hopes to derive from your participation in the program.
· Names, address, phone/fax numbers and e-mail of three people who may be contacted by the Center as references. Two of these references should be individuals outside of your news organization.
· The “Employer’s Statement of Support” form completed by your employer.
Information and applications: For more information about the program and how to apply, please visit: http://www.eastwestcenter.org/jefferson
Applications may be sent by post, fax or email as follows:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
Fax: 1-808-944-7600 (ATTN: Jefferson Fellowships)
ATTN: Jefferson Fellowships
Honolulu, HI 96848 USA
266 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Graduate Degree Fellowship East-West Center at University of Hawaii The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides Master`s and Doctoral funding for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S. to participate in educational and […]
- [beasiswa] [INFO] IIEF Graduate Degree Fellowship Program OverviewIIEF in coorperation with the East-West Center is giving Master Degre Scholarship Program for individuals who are interested in joining the education and research program of […]
- EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship EWC Graduate DegreeEWC Graduate Degree FellowshipThe East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides Master`s and Doctoral funding for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and […]
- Graduate Degree Fellowships, East-West Center, University of Hawaii, USA The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides Master’s and Doctoral funding for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S. to participate in educational and […]
- East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship Program The East-West Center (EWC) Graduate Degree Fellowship provides substantial funding toward Master`s and Doctoral degrees for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S. to […]
- ACFJ Fellowships for M.A. Journalism at Ateneo de Manila University Quezon City, 30 September 2011. Applications for the 2012-2013 ACFJ Fellowships for M.A. Journalism are now being accepted.The fellowship program seeks to enable fulltime Asian journalists […]
- [beasiswa] [info] PhD candidates in Operations Management Vacature Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TU/e) - PhD candidates in Operations ManagementBewaar vacatureE-mail deze vacaturePhD candidates in Operations ManagementSpecificaties […]
- [beasiswa] [INFO] PhD position in SE Asian pop music, Leiden, NL FYI----- Original Message ----- From: Cohen, Matthew Subject: PhD position in SE Asian pop musicI've been asked to spread the word on the attached PhD position on Southeast Asian popular […]
- [beasiswa] (INFO) : Asia Journalism Fellowship 2013 opens for applications Dear milister,Meneruskan info Fellowship bagi para jurnalis yang sudah bekerja 5 tahun lebih, di Singapura... silakan dicek detailnya.salam A'anblog : […]
- [beasiswa] [info] Humphrey Fellowship Semoga bermanfaat :)Salam,=================================- Humphrey Fellowship The Humphrey Fellowship Program provides a year of professional enrichment in the United States […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang [beasiswa] [info] East-West Center is accepting applications for the Fall 2010 Jefferson Fellowships for Journalists semoga informasi tentang [beasiswa] [info] East-West Center is accepting applications for the Fall 2010 Jefferson Fellowships for Journalists ini bermanfaat.