Informasi Kuliah Indonesia biaya-kuliah.net menyampai informasi tentang [beasiswa] [info] East-West Center is accepting applications for the Fall 2010 Jefferson Fellowships for Journalists sebagai berikut:
From: SukendarDI@state.gov [mailto:SukendarDI@state.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 05:30
Subject: East-West Center is accepting applications for the Fall 2010 Jefferson Fellowships for Journalists
The Jefferson Fellowships program was launched in 1967 to enhance public understanding through the news media of cultures, issues and trends in the Asia Pacific region, broadly defined as Asia, the Pacific Islands and the United States. The Fellowships provide U.S. and Asia Pacific journalists with an opportunity to broaden their understanding of Asia Pacific issues and build a professional network through one week of dialogue with professional colleagues and experts at the East-West Center, followed by a two-week study tour to cities in Asia or the U.S. .
Fall 2010 Jefferson Fellowships
Theme: The Road to Energy Security: Paved with Efficiencies, Renewable Technologies and Investment
Energy security is one of the most pressing challenges of our time, especially in light of its inextricable link to economic well-being and the environment. However, the uneven distribution of energy supplies among countries has led to significant vulnerabilities. Threats to energy security include the political instability of several energy producing countries, the manipulation of energy supplies, the competition over energy sources, attacks on supply infrastructure, as well as accidents and natural disasters. For these reasons, governments in nearly all the large consuming nations are now considering various domestic and foreign policy measures to increase energy efficiencies develop renewable technologies to scale and create a positive investment climate for industry.
Against this backdrop, the Fall 2010 Jefferson Fellowships program will look specifically at two of the largest users of energy, the U.S. and China, and their efforts in addressing energy security. The program will take special care to look at the challenges and opportunities involved in improving energy efficiency and in developing renewable technologies. In addition, the Fall 2010 program will examine the two countries’ efforts to facilitate joint research and development. Finally, the program will examine how each country seeks to promote public and private investment in the supplies of today’s fossil fuel sources as well as the clean technologies that will transform the energy system for the future.
Program Dates: October 23 – November 13, 2010
Study Tour Destinations: Palo Alto, CA; Sacramento, CA; Beijing, China; Shenyang, China
Who Can Apply: Working print, broadcast and online journalists in the United States, the Pacific Islands and Asia with a minimum of five years of professional experience. Applicants must have the ability to communicate in English in a professional, multi-cultural environment.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Funding: The Jefferson Fellowships are supported by a grant from The Freeman Foundation. The grant funds economy class, roundtrip airfare to and from Honolulu, Hawaii as well as all program-related air transportation, lodging, ground transportation and meals for participating journalists. A modest per diem is also provided. Participants are responsible for all applicable visa fees and any additional visa-related expenses.
News organizations are also asked to assist their employees participate by cost-sharing whenever possible. An “Employer’s Statement of Support” is a required part of the application. While financial assistance from the employer is not required, employers are encouraged to provide support to their Jefferson Fellows as a demonstration of their commitment to the program.
Application deadline is Wednesday, June 16, 2010. Incomplete or late applicants will not be considered.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit the two-page Jefferson Fellowships application form and ALL of the following:
· A cover letter outlining your issues of interest, a brief description of your news organization, and what you expect to accomplish if an award is granted. Please suggest topics you propose to address in your paper and presentation at the East-West Center. (3 page maximum)
· A letter of recommendation on official letterhead from your supervisor describing your suitability for the Fellowship and the benefit the organization hopes to derive from your participation in the program.
· Names, address, phone/fax numbers and e-mail of three people who may be contacted by the Center as references. Two of these references should be individuals outside of your news organization.
· The “Employer’s Statement of Support” form completed by your employer.
Information and applications: For more information about the program and how to apply, please visit: http://www.eastwestcenter.org/jefferson
Applications may be sent by post, fax or email as follows:
Email: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 1-808-944-7600 (ATTN: Jefferson Fellowships)
ATTN: Jefferson Fellowships
Honolulu, HI 96848 USA
1,651 total views, 12 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Biaya Kuliah UNSURYA 2021/2022 (Universitas Suryadarma) Jakarta
Universitas Dirgantara marsekal Suryadarma (UNSURYA) adalah Perguruan Tinggi swasta dibawah pimpinan dari TNI AU yang diselenggarakan oleh Yayasan Adi Upaya (YASAU). UNSURYA merupakan […]
- Ph.D. Fellowships in Elementary Particle Physics at Max Planck Institute of Physics (Werner Heisenberg Institute) The International Max Planck Research School "Elementary Particle Physics - Theoretical, Experimental and Cosmological Frontiers" (IMPRS EPP) is a joint initiative of the Max Planck […]
- Re: [beasiswa] [butuh info] pengumuman beasiswa chevening 2010 Dear novriyanto, Menurut mba rowena rompas, pengumuman antara minggu ke3 dan minggu ke4 bulan april ini.Sy email mba rowena kira2 awal april utk menanyakan kapann kira2 pengumuman, […]
- [beasiswa] [info] Oxford Scholarships in Global Health ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Elizabeth Radin Date: Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 9:59 AM Subject: Oxford Scholarships in Global Health To: Elizabeth Radin Dear Friends and […]
- [beasiswa] Re: [butuh info] S2 di New Zealand Hai, Satiti.Saya juga mendapat beasiswa NZ-DS untuk di Auckland University untuk program Postgraduate Certificate on Geothermal Energy Technology. Jadi program kamu ini mirip dengan skema […]
- [beasiswa] [Butuh Info] Beasiswa Musik S1 Dear rekan milister,kebetulan adik saya interested buat lanjutin kuliah musik keluar negeri, tapi dia juga lagi pengen nyari beasiswa (musik) kan lumayan kalo dapet, untuk kemampuannya sih […]
- Re: [beasiswa] [Butuh Info] Beasiswa ke Jepang Hi Yulistia, 1. Kalo kamu mendaftarnya beasiswa monbusho, tidak bisa bahasa jepang pun gak apa2, karena nantipun kamu bakal diajarin dari awal lagi, dan 1 tahun pertama memang bukan […]
- [beasiswa] [info] PhD Position in Agricultural Economics [1 Attachment] [Attachment(s) from muhamad sowwam included below] assalamu'alaikumbarangkali ada yang berminat untuk ambil PhD di bidang aggricultural economics di goetingen univ, german. silakan […]
- [beasiswa] [info] beasiswa jepang SMA->S1 Full BEASISWA bagi lulusan SMA. S1 ke tiga universitas di jepang, Kyoto University, Nagoya University dan Tohoku University. Informasi dan form pendaftaran terlampir. Pendaftaran […]
- Oxford Brookes University PhD Studentship 2011 in the Departments of Marketing, UK buzz_button
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang [beasiswa] [info] East-West Center is accepting applications for the Fall 2010 Jefferson Fellowships for Journalists semoga informasi tentang [beasiswa] [info] East-West Center is accepting applications for the Fall 2010 Jefferson Fellowships for Journalists ini bermanfaat.