Informasi Kuliah Indonesia biaya-kuliah.net menyampai informasi tentang [beasiswa] [INFO] PhD student for studying new treatment of growth failure and osteoporosis caused by glucocorticoids and inflammation. sebagai berikut:
is looking for a
PhD student for studying new treatment of growth failure and osteoporosis caused by glucocorticoids and inflammation.
||Department of Women´s and Children´s Health
|Department / unit or equivalent:
|Form of employment:
||The PhD project is planned to last four years.
|Description of the work group/equivalent
and its work/focus:
Our group focuses on pediatric growth disorders, bone growth and chondrocyte physiology. We are trying to reveal mechanism of bone elongation, its intrinsic and hormonal regulations. The research is translational, aiming for clinical applications. It involves extensive animal experiments including genetically-modified mice, tissue and cell culture and common molecular techniques. The overall scientific objective is to identify new drug targets allowing the prevention of short stature and osteoporosis caused by chronic inflammatory disorders or secondary to the treatment with glucocorticoids.
We are looking for a highly motivated person with interest in pediatric endocrinology. The principal supervisor for the project is Prof. Lars Sävendahl and co-supervisors are Prof. Claes Ohlsson, Dr. Farasat Zaman, and Ass. Prof. Cecilia Aulin. This PhD project is supported by a KID grant from Karolinska Institutet.
|Area of responsibilities/duties:
||1. Animal experiments including genetically-modified mice
2. Cells and organ cultures
3. Techniques for cellular and molecular biology (western blot, immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry, gene silencing/over expression, apoptosis assays, flowcytometry, ELISA, etc)
The successful candidate is expected to play critical role in formulating scientific research hypotheses, testing the hypotheses using proper study design, analyzing the data, presenting and interpreting the results, and writing scientific reports and articles in English.
||To be eligible, an applicant must
1. hold a Master´s (second-cycle) degree in psychology, sociology, medicine, statistics, natural science or equivalent
2. have completed course requirements of a least 240 HECs, of which at least 60 at second-cycle level, or
3. have otherwise acquired essentially equivalent competence in Sweden or abroad.
The applicant should be self-motivated, have good analytical competence, and a high capacity to work productively in a team. Fluency in English is a requirement. A strong background in molecular/cell biology and previous research experience with animal models is a plus. Knowledge in the field of bone, cartilage or inflammation research is another plus.
Selection is made of highly qualified applicants on the grounds of their ability to benefit from doctoral (third-cycle) education. Karolinska Institutet applies the following assessment criteria:
-Documented knowledge of significance to the research project
-Analytical skills confirmed by publications or the equivalent (e.g. master thesis)
-Other documented knowledge/experience of potential significance to doctoral (third-cycle) education in the subject.
An overall assessment of the applicants´ qualifications will be made. The vacancy will be filled on the condition that the applicant is admitted to doctoral (third-cycle) education. For further information on doctoral education at Karolinska Institutet, see www.ki.se/doctoral
||Prof. Lars Sävendahl
08-517 723 69
|Lill–Britt Svensson, OFR
08-517 773 09
||Gunnar Stenberg, SEKO
08-524 880 75
||Lars Ährlund-Richter, SACO
08-517 734 50
||Please send your application, marked with reference number: 8037/2011, to reach us by no later than January 16, 2012.
The following documents should be enclosed with your application in English or Swedish:
-Copy of degree certificate and grades
-Copy of master thesis or equivalent and any previous publications
-Contact information to two referees
-A cover letter where you motivate your interest in the position (max. 1 page)
|Application sent to:
||Our online application service:
Dep of Women´s and Children´s Health
Att: Yvonne Alm
Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset, H2:00
|Last date for applications:
||January 16 2012
||Karolinska Institutet is one of the world´s leading medical
universities. Its mission is to contribute to the improvement of human health through research and education. Karolinska Institutet accounts for over 40 per cent of the medical academic research conducted in Sweden and offers the country´s broadest range of education in medicine and health sciences. Since 1901 the Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet has selected the Nobel laureates in Physiology or Medicine.
The Department is organized in 10 divisions: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatric Surgery, Pediatric Neurology, Pediatric Oncology, Neonatology, Reproductive Endocrinology,Child Psychiatry, Reproductive and Perinatal Health. The divisions have separate scientific profiles and vary in size and have several research groups, dealing with both basic and clinical science.
182 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- [beasiswa] [INFO] PhD position in Molecular Virology with focus on adapting RNA virus populations A PhD position is available at Division of Virology, DTU Vet, for research on adapting RNA virus populations using reverse genetics and next generation sequencing approaches. The work […]
- [beasiswa] [info] Research studentship mortality determinants in people with pain – Keele U Research StudentshipThe role of health, psychological and lifestyle factors in determining mortality in people with painKeele University - Arthritis Research UK Primary Care CentreRPCH […]
- [Germany] 2 PhD Student Positions in Osteoimmunology at Technische Universität Dresden The Institute of Physiological Chemistry, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, TU Dresden offers within the DFG Schwerpunktprogramm `Osteoimmunology - IMMUNOBONE – A Program to unravel the […]
- [beasiswa] [INFO] A doctoral student with doctoral grant in bacteria and cancer Karolinska Institutethas a vacancy forA doctoral student with doctoral grant in bacteria and cancerDepartmentDepartment of Cell and Molecular BiologyDescription of research group and […]
- [beasiswa] [info] PhD scholarships in Genomics, France A PhD scholarship in Genomics has been announced for the academic year 2011. The PhD scholarship is in association with the Institute of Nuclear Sciences, France. The research area for […]
- PhD student in the Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences The PhD student will work on the molecular basis of aging in Caenorhabditis elegans. He/she will work under the daily supervision of McGillarvy fellow Dr Yelena Budovskaya who has […]
- Simons Foundation Autism Research Initiative (SFARI) Awards, USA SFARI mission The mission of the Simons Foundation Autism Research Initiative (SFARI) is to improve the diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorders by funding, catalyzing and […]
- [beasiswa] [INFO] A doctoral student with doctoral grant in epidemiology Karolinska Institutethas a vacancy forA doctoral student with doctoral grant in epidemiologyDepartmentDepartment of Medical Epidemiology and BiostatisticsDescription of research group […]
- [beasiswa] [info] General Linguistics: PhD Student, The University of Manchester, United Kingdom Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 10:39:51 From: Martina Faller [firstname.lastname@example.org] Subject: General Linguistics: PhD Student, The University of Manchester, United Kingdom E-mail this […]
- [beasiswa] [INFO] Study Trip and Diplomatic Course 2011 – Bali ALSA INDONESIA and ISAFIS (Indonesian Student Association For International Studies) - Study Trip and Diplomatic Course 2011Event DetailDate : 27th November – 3rd December […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang [beasiswa] [INFO] PhD student for studying new treatment of growth failure and osteoporosis caused by glucocorticoids and inflammation. semoga informasi tentang [beasiswa] [INFO] PhD student for studying new treatment of growth failure and osteoporosis caused by glucocorticoids and inflammation. ini bermanfaat.